History of OHS

History of OHS

Griffin Hauser, Author

Orange High school was built in 1963 and has been here 58 years. Over the years a few notable people have graduated from Orange High school. These people include Kizzmekia Corbett, Bryse Wilson, Alvis Whitted, Scott Satterfield, and Ricardo Marsh.

Kizzmekia Corbett is a viral immunologist who helped make the coronavirus vaccination. She graduated from Orange High school in 2004 and went on to the University of North Carolina At chapel hill.

Bryse Wilson is a major league baseball player for the Pittsburgh Pirates. He was born in 1997 and attended Orange High school. He first joined the Atlanta Braves in 2018 and was traded to the Pittsburgh Pirates in 2021. 

Alvis Whitted was an NFL wide receiver for the Jacksonville Jaguars and Atlanta Falcons and now a coach for the Wisconsin Badgers. He was born in 1974 and after attending Orange High school he went to the University of North Carolina State and was drafted into the NFL in 1998 in the seventh round. 

Scott Satterfield is the head coach at  Appalachian State University. He was born in 1972 and attended Orange High School before attending Appalachian State University as a quarterback.

Ricardo Marsh went to Orange High School and played college basketball for Old Dominion University. He went on to play for the Turkish basketball league, the japan basketball league, and the Israeli basketball super league 

In 2006 there was a shooting on the campus of Orange High school. The shooter killed his father then drove to the school and opened fire injuring two students but was stopped by the deputy sheriff assigned to the school.

After 58 years of existing Orange, High school has been a very interesting school with some notable individuals being educated here.