Senior Soccer Members Shoot For Their Goals

Both Women's Varsity and JV soccer players held their senior night home games this past Wednesday, both loosing against Northern Durham.

Varsity girls gather for the pledge and the start of their senior game on Wednesday, May 2.

Perla Castro, Staff Writer

Both Women’s Varsity and JV soccer players held their senior night home games this past Wednesday, both loosing against Northern Durham.

JV went first and lost 3-0, while Varsity went next and later lost 2-o against neighboring rivals. Though some Orange players were doing their absolute best, including senior Jordan Rogers and junior Rainier Vaughn for her two point-gain in one round, Northern Durham players still had the advantage and won. Still, both teams tried their best in playing and would not let a special night like this be ruined.

Senior members like Arianna Debona, Katherine Arias, Amairani Torres, Emma Harris, Isabelle Hartmond, Lillian Cummings, and Jordan Rodgers were later celebrated for their time on the team. While the team celebrated both before and after the game, most members also took to reflecting on their time on the team.

“I’m really sad to be leaving the team after playing for 2 years. I’m really gonna miss the team bonding. This team is way more than a team it’s like a second family,” said Katherine.

Jordan continued on, speaking on the dedication these teams hold. “No matter what team we play or even if it is Senior Night, every game should be played with all our effort and passion.”

Before playing, soccer coaches such as Jacki Mignosa recognized each senior, speaking about the seven individually and their impact on the team. The coaches spoke about being certain that the underclassmen learned a lot of leadership skills from the seniors, to which the captains were very happy to hear that.

After the coach’s speech, the seniors plans after high school were announced. Some members talked about going to college and having scholarships, others mentioned being enrolled in boot camps. As senior Arianna Debona said, “if I don’t end up going to the military, I will probably continue to play in college.”

The seniors finished with their own speeches and what a great season it was – especially for their last one of high school.